- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- a pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup yogurt, whisked
- 6 tbsp maple syrup plus 3-4 tsp extra for glazing
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 pecan halves
- Lightly beat the eggs, and then beat in yogurt, 6 tbsp maple syrup and the oil.
- Mix all the dry ingredients except pecan halves. Make a well in the center and pour in the liquid mix. Stir gently until just combined, taking care not to overmix.
- Pour into a greased muffin pan or a pan lined with paper muffin cups. Top each muffin with a pecan half.
- Bake at 400 deg for 20 min, until muffins turn golden brown and are firm to the touch.
- Allow muffins to cool for 5 min and then glaze the top of each muffin with the remaining maple syrup.