- 2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 3-4 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1-2 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (beans, peas, carrots etc) or 2 cups shrimp or diced chicken
- 1 can (10oz) cream of mushroom soup plus 1 cup water (or 2 cups mushroom soup prepared with soup powder mix plus ¼ cup light cream)
- 250 gm spaghetti (or any other pasta)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro (coriander leaves) or parsley
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté onion until lightly browned.
- Add garlic, chili flakes, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Add vegetables and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream of mushroom soup plus water and let the mixture come to a boil. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions, drain and add to the prepared sauce. Mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro.