Sunday, April 24, 2011
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Red Chili Chutney
- Grind onion and chili with ½ cup water, to a fine paste. Add salt to taste.
- Add oil and mix well.
- Serve with dosa.
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Mushroom and Egg Soup
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- ¼ ounce dried seaweed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups water or chicken stock
- salt to taste
- Soak porcini in 2 cups warm water for 20-30 min. Drain water and set aside. Finely chop the porcini.
- Cut the seaweed into small pieces and let it soak in 1 cup cold water for 30 min.
- Boil 2 cups water or chicken stock, add porcini, soaking liquid, salt, and pepper. When porcini is cooked, add the seaweed, soaking liquid and stir well. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and slowly stir into the mixture. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped scallions.
Posted by LKMUNNI at 10:28 AM No comments:
Sunday, April 3, 2011
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 2 cups basmati rice, cooked
- 6-8 curry leaves
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and cover the pan. When the seeds have popped, add onions and stir until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes, bell pepper, turmeric powder, gram masala, chili powder, salt, and stir well. Cook on medium heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, curry leaves and stir well. Continue heating for 5 min.
Posted by LKMUNNI at 1:38 PM No comments:
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)