- 2 cups chick peas (kabuli chana or kala chana)
- ½ tsp black mustard seeds
- ½ tsp urad dal
- 2-4 cayenne peppers to taste
- Curry leaves, to taste
- ½ tsp garam masala (optional)
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing) (optional)
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Soak chick peas in 4-5 cups water for 6-8 hours and then cook (alternatively use canned cooked chick peas). Drain water completely.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan, add mustard seeds and cover the pan. When the seeds are done popping, add urad dal and stir until lightly browned, then add cayenne pepper and curry leaves, and stir for 15 sec. Add cooked chick peas, garam masala, hing, salt and black pepper. Stir well and heat on medium heat until all water has evaporated (about 15 min).
Post a Comment