- ½ cup chick peas (kabuli chana)
- ½ cup black-eyed peas
- ½ cup dry sweet peas (vatana)
- ½ cup cashew nuts, roasted
- ½ cup peanuts, roasted
- ¼ tsp roasted and ground cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- Soak chick peas in 2 cups water. Soak black-eyed and sweet peas in 4 cups water. After about 8 hours, drain water.
- Add 1 cup water to chick peas and heat. When it starts boiling, cover and remove from heat. After 30 min, drain water.
- Mix all peas, add cumin powder, paprika, chili powder, garam masala, asafoetida and salt. Set aside for 30 min.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan and fry peas mixture on medium heat until dry. Add nuts, stir and continue heating for 10 min.
- Either continue heating on stove top at low heat for 45-60 min, stirring occasionally OR spread evenly on a baking pan and bake at 350 deg for 30-45 min. The mixture should be crunchy but not too hard. Please note that the mixture will continue to harden a little even after removing from the stove/oven.
Post a Comment