Gajar (Carrot) Halwa
- 4 cups grated carrots
- 2 cups whole milk, warmed
- ½-1 cup sugar (to taste)
- 1 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- 2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- ¼ cup cashew (kaju) nuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a non-stick or thick-bottomed pan over medium heat and fry grated carrots for 2 min. Add milk, mix well and cook carrots, stirring frequently until all the milk has evaporated.
- Add sugar, mix well and continue stirring frequently until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Add cardamom and stir well.
- Heat ½ tbsp ghee on medium heat, add cashew nuts, stir till lightly browned, and add to carrot mixture. Repeat with raisins.
Post a Comment