- 4 cups squash, cut into 1” strips
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ cup grated coconut (unsweetened)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 5-10 fresh green chili, to taste
- ½ cup yogurt, whisked
- ½ tsp corn starch or rice flour
- ½ tsp black mustard seeds
- 1-2 cayenne pepper to taste
- Curry leaves, to taste
- 1¼ cup water
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Cook squash in ¾ cup water with turmeric powder and salt.
- Coarsely grind coconut, cumin seeds and green chili with ½ cup water. Add to the cooked squash and simmer for 5 min.
- Make a paste of corn starch with water and add to squash mixture and let boil.
- Add yogurt, continue heating for 5 min and when the mixture starts to boil, turn off heat.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan, add mustard seeds and cover the pan. When the seeds are done popping, add cayenne pepper and curry leaves, stir for 15 sec. and pour into the squash mixture.
- Garnish with fresh curry leaves.
wow..this looks very delicious! I am going to cook it this week!ReplyDelete
I just made this for me and my boyfriend...Love it! I also made another squash dish... will show you pictures on Tuesday! Have a great holiday weekend :grin:ReplyDelete