- Finely grind rice with 2 cups water.
- Add banana, rice flour, wheat flour, jaggery water and ginger powder. Blend well. The consistency of batter is thinner than for idli but thicker than for dosa. Add water or additional rice flour, as needed.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in cocount pieces.
- Heat appam maker or aebleskiver pan, half fill with oil and adjust heat to medium.
- Then pour batter to each cup, till half full.
- As soon as they get bubbly around the edge and the bottom looks browned, turn over with a fork. Continue cooking until lightly browned on all sides. Remove with a skewer, drain oil and let cool on a plate lined with paper towel.
Oil can be replaced with ghee or ¼ tsp ghee added to each cup while cooking unniappam.
Post a Comment