- 2-3 large potatoes, ½" cubes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut to 1" pieces
- 2 large onions, very finely chopped
- 2-3 large tomatoes, very finely chopped
- 6-8 fresh green chili, very finely chopped and crushed
- 2 tbsp garlic-ginger paste
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp hing
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp amchoor powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1-2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan, add cumin seeds and stir until slightly browned. Add hing, garlic-ginger paste and stir for 1-2 min.
- Add onions, tomatoes, green chili and cook for 5-10 min or until onions turn translucent and tomatoes are cooked.
- Add turmeric, amchoor, coriander and chili powder to ¼ cup water and mix well. Add this to the cooked tomatoes, stir and continue heating for 1-2 minutes.
- Add potatoes, cauliflower, ¼ cup water, salt to taste and stir gently to coat the vegetables with the onion-tomato spice mix. Cook covered on medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- Add thawed peas, sprinkle garam masala and stir gently. Cook uncovered for another 5 min, to remove any excess liquid and obtain a semi-dry mix.
- Garnish with coriander leaves before serving.
Post a Comment