- 1 lb meat or tofu (ground or sliced)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 packet fish-flavored seasoning (approx. 1–1½ tbsp)
- 2 tbsp water
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- Heat oil in a wok on medium-high heat, add ginger & garlic, and stir well.
- Add fish-flavored seasoning and stir for a minute.
- Add water and stir for another minute.
- Add meat/tofu and continue stirring until browned.
- Add vegetables and stir for 5–8 minutes
- Add salt & sugar and stir well
- Serve with white rice.
Recipe by Man Xu
Chinese fish-flavored seasoning is available in Asian stores and is a mixture of bean sauce, pickled chili, ginger, garlic, sugar, salt, oil, and anise.