- 2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (approx. 2 cups)
- 3-4 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1-2 tsp red chili flakes (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (beans, peas, carrots etc) or 2 cups shrimp or diced chicken
- 1 can (10oz) cream of mushroom soup plus 1 cup water (or 2 cups mushroom soup prepared with soup powder mix plus ¼ cup light cream)
- 250 gm spaghetti (or any other pasta)
- ½ cup chopped cilantro (coriander leaves) or parsley
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté onion until lightly browned.
- Add garlic, chili flakes, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Add vegetables and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream of mushroom soup plus water and let the mixture come to a boil. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions, drain and add to the prepared sauce. Mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro.
This was very easy to make and quite tasty! :grin:ReplyDelete
Hello chechi..very nice..quick and easy...ReplyDelete
This is excellent but why is light cream needed if I am using the cream of mushroom soup powder?ReplyDelete
Hi Rashmi, Glad you enjoyed it! Cream is added to thicken the sauce and it tastes rich too. You can replace it with vegetable stock or water if you prefer. I have also made this with soup powder and replaced cream with orange juice and it tasted real good!ReplyDelete