- 1 cup moong dal
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4-5 fresh green chili, chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp black mustard seeds
- 6-8 curry leaves
- 2-4 dried red peppers
- salt to taste
- Fry dal on medium heat for 5 min.
- Add 4 cups water, onion, tomato, green chilli, turmeric powder and stir well. Cook until dal is soft. Remove from heat.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan, add mustard seeds, and cover the pan. Once the seeds have popped, add red pepper and curry leaves, stir for 15 sec, and pour into the dal mixture.
Post a Comment